phpBB4

Talk about anything and everything here.
Dracula
Administrator
Administrator
Mood:

Re: phpBB4

Post by Dracula »

scooter wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:53 am
Dracula wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:52 pm
scooter wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:12 pm Any new features we should know about?
Other than it being an unstable mess? No, not really. If you want to play around with it, then join Broadcastre's test board and PM Broadcastre (on this board) asking him to give you admin access. I think he would be willing to do that. I don't really recall seeing new features though.

https://broadcastre.cc/phpbb4/phpbb-mas ... /index.php
Hmm. No new features to speak of, and an unstable mess. Yeah, I'll be giving that a pass...
I don't blame you. I think most of the changes were internal, like an attempt to make more efficient codes for it to function, or close security loopholes. I doubt this will be even close to the finished product.
Formally known as Random American.
Non-Administrator related posts by me do not represent the positions of Broadcastre Computer Chat.
► Show Spoiler
scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Post by scooter »

Dracula wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:46 am
I don't blame you. I think most of the changes were internal, like an attempt to make more efficient codes for it to function, or close security loopholes. I doubt this will be even close to the finished product.
Probably the case. Thus far I haven't been too confident with their track record; 3.3.1 wasn't quite ready, I don't think. Best to avoid the position of being an early adopter.

SCOOTER

...has left the building!

Broadcastre
Owner
Owner

Post by Broadcastre »

scooter wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:26 pm 3.3.1 wasn't quite ready, I don't think.
I agree. 3.3.1 did have that responsive tabs error.
► Show Spoiler
Dracula
Administrator
Administrator
Mood:

Post by Dracula »

@scooter In my instillation, this new feature was broken and I didn't investigate, but DavidIQ pointed out this new feature and I was able to access it from the Broadcastre test board. Extensions can now be uploaded from the ACP in phpBB4 without an extension.
Extensions phpBB4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dracula on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong attachment.
Non-Administrator related posts by me do not represent the positions of Broadcastre Computer Chat.
► Show Spoiler
Broadcastre
Owner
Owner

Post by Broadcastre »

@Dracula Actually I installed the Upload Extensions extension
E.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
► Show Spoiler
Dracula
Administrator
Administrator
Mood:

Post by Dracula »

Broadcastre wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:41 am @Dracula Actually I installed the Upload Extensions extension
E.png
I know that was an extension, but phpBB4 has something like that built in to the core. It doesn't work yet, but it will.
► Show Spoiler
scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Post by scooter »

An Extension to upload Extensions? Did you download that from the Department of Redundancy Department?

SCOOTER

...has left the building!

Dracula
Administrator
Administrator
Mood:

Post by Dracula »

scooter wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:26 am An Extension to upload Extensions? Did you download that from the Department of Redundancy Department?
Well, it works. I have been able to use it to install extensions on the board without ftp access. It's good that phpBB4 will have that in the core.
► Show Spoiler