U.S. Election

Talk about anything and everything here.
scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

U.S. Election

Post by scooter »

Well, congrats to the Democratic Party, which looks like it has pulled this election out.

Of course, that wasn't the big deal in this particular case...now we have to see if they can win the coup attempt which is about to take place.

My daughter lives in D.C. and while I'm used to all sorts of things happening there when I was growing up (Hanafi Muslims taking over the District Building, threats to blow up the Washington Monument, the Pentagon on 9/11, various bomb scares...) I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my concerns about what might happen there. She tends to think her old man is too alarmist.

SCOOTER

...has left the building!

Dracula
Administrator
Administrator
Mood:

Re: U.S. Election

Post by Dracula »

scooter wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:45 am

She tends to think her old man is too alarmist.

You're hardly an alarmist, as this election will not be recognized and there will probably be massive social unrest at the very least, and possibly even a second civil war. This is unprecedented in the modern era and there are people who believe it is rigged no matter what or don't really care as they really just want Trump to stay no matter what.

Formally known as Random American.
Non-Administrator related posts by me do not represent the positions of Broadcastre Computer Chat.
► Show Spoiler
scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Post by scooter »

And we still have a regime that refuses to relinquish power...this still could become ugly.

SCOOTER

Dracula
Administrator
Administrator
Mood:

Post by Dracula »

scooter wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:09 am And we still have a regime that refuses to relinquish power...this still could become ugly.
Well, now he supposedly will allow transition, but I'm not holding my breath. If Trump refuses to relinquish power when his term expires, think you'd be up for protesting in Washington?
Formally known as Random American.
Non-Administrator related posts by me do not represent the positions of Broadcastre Computer Chat.
► Show Spoiler
scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Post by scooter »

Dracula wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:36 pm
scooter wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:09 am And we still have a regime that refuses to relinquish power...this still could become ugly.
Well, now he supposedly will allow transition, but I'm not holding my breath. If Trump refuses to relinquish power when his term expires, think you'd be up for protesting in Washington?
I've certainly done so before, though I don't believe that I would this time for two reasons: first, CoViD-19, and second, I expect that whomever shows up in the streets, for or against, would be armed. We would be beyond the point of protest; this would be a matter of an insurrection and the forces to oppose it.

SCOOTER