Languages

Talk about anything and everything here.
scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Languages

Post by scooter »

Not sure if this is the place for this topic, but I'll give it a try.

Having some problems with the language pack over on my forum. The admin stuff is well translated (so, ACP, UCP, etc.) but the index page is basically left alone ("Board index", "Notifications", "Private messages", almost everything under "Quick Links", and so on). I've noticed that isn't the case when using the Polish language pack on this site, which leads me to believe that some variables were left out of the one I'm using...

Now they have a step-upgrade for this pack, but as best I can tell, it just changes their language within VigLink, which I'm not using. There's been one topic on the discussion thread on phpbb.com concerning this pack in the last three years, in which the developer says that he basically only checks GitHub, not phpbb.com. Going to GItHub yields no outstanding issues. I think I'm on my own on this.

I know enough French that I think I can change the variables if I knew exactly how they were addressed.

Any help is appreciated.

ETA: Alright, a bit more info on this: yes, the variables are all defined, but they are only activated if I change the default language of the entire site to French. If a user defines his language as French, it doesn't switch those parts (the main index page and such) over. Again, it does the Right Thing here, so I would figure there is a way to do it.
Last edited by Broadcastre on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed large text issue.

SCOOTER

...has left the building!

Broadcastre
Owner
Owner

Re: Languages

Post by Broadcastre »

I don't think I can help you with that unfortunately.

Maybe ask on phpBB.com

► Show Spoiler
Dracula
Administrator
Administrator
Mood:

Post by Dracula »

scooter wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:21 am

There's been one topic on the discussion thread on phpbb.com concerning this pack in the last three years, in which the developer says that he basically only checks GitHub, not phpbb.com. Going to GItHub yields no outstanding issues. I think I'm on my own on this.

I unfortunately cannot help you with this either. The only thing I can think of is trying to contact the developer on Github, if he is still active. Make a new issue to bring your problem to his attention.

Formally known as Random American.
Non-Administrator related posts by me do not represent the positions of Broadcastre Computer Chat.
► Show Spoiler
scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Post by scooter »

Random American wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:19 am

I unfortunately cannot help you with this either. The only thing I can think of is trying to contact the developer on Github, if he is still active. Make a new issue to bring your problem to his attention.

At this point, everybody seems to be at sea. This does not appear to be an issue with the language pack itself. The way to check would be to install a different language pack, then disable different extensions until I find which one is doing this - if in fact it is an extension which is doing this. This is too much work for something that I was adding as a minor change that is currently affecting no users. Batfeathers. :x

SCOOTER

scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Post by scooter »

Just to put this to bed: there was in fact an extension that was conflicting with the language pack: Large Font. That is a bummer, as some of my potential users may need it, but I decided I would have French in there instead.

SCOOTER